Automation & Control was approached by a major WA Mining customer who requested a solution to access the Tamper locomotive air conditioners, located on the roof top of the train, which needed to be maintained and washed.
At the time of approaching Inquip, the customer was installing scaffolds around the locomotives to allow access to the workers. This was both expensive and time consuming, costing up to $12,000 for each train to be maintained, with the set-up of each workstation taking about two weeks.
Our electrical engineers designed an adjustable platform with a reach between 3.5 to 5 meters high. Our teams were able to provide the control solution using robotic servo motors and a safety system, giving the maintenance crew safe access the Tamper Locomotives rooftop.
- Stainless Steel enclosure with heat panel
- 2x Delta Servo motors and drives
- 4x NOZAG Screw jack and gear boxes
- Cat II Safety system
- 2x Fortress Key Magnetic Locker
- Omron HMI and PLC
- Schneider switchgear
- IFM sensors
- Platform set-up time reduced from 4 hours to 45 minutes
- Reduction in labour costs
- ROI made in under 12 months
- Flexibility of being able to set the platform at any location in the customer’s workshop
- Expected savings of up to $864k per annum