The SSW7000 soft starters operate on the acceleration/deceleration and the protection of medium voltage three-phase induction motors. This Soft Starter is available in 2,3 kV up to 13,8 kV voltage range, built for applications that require 300 HP up to 16300 HP power range.
The SSW7000 application minimises the current surges on the motor, prevents mechanical shocks on the load and the motor, eliminates the water hammer during pump stopping, and protects the electrical motor.
The SSW7000 is the complete prepackaged and engineered solution within security and reliability for several applications and industries.
- Power Range: 300 HP up to 16.300 HP (235kW up to 12.200 kW);
- Motor Voltage: 2.3 kV up to 13.8 kV;
- Output current: 70 A, 125 A, 180 A, 250 A, 300 A, 360 A, 400 A, 500 A e 600 A (other power / output currents – please consult);
- Main input: switch + contactor (fixed) / circuit breaker (withdrawable) (medium voltage fuses for the input protection, for the switch + contactor configuration);
- Integrated bypass: contactor (fixed) / circuit breaker (fixed) (main and bypass contactors/circuit breakers: vacuum insulated);
- Main and Bypass vacuum contactors/circuit breakers able to perform DOL start;
- Protection degree: IP41, IP54 and NEMA 12 (option for outdoor solution – please consult);
- Complete isolation between LV (control) and MV (power) compartments, communicating vía fiber optics;
- Possibility to interconnect the power supply between the SSW7000 with electrical bars;
- Frontal access (no need of back access);
- Easy installation and suitable for retrofits;
- 310.000 hours MTBF; 8 hours MTTR;
- Ground Fault Protection by Voltage or by Current;
- Active protection for the motor in DOL mode;
- 6 start modes: torque control, pump control, current ramp, voltage ramp, current limit, arranque directo;
- Operating interface (HMI) with graphic LCD;
- Real-time clock (applicable for the alarm report list and also for the SoftPLC programming);
- SoftPLC function (allows PLC funtions to the SSW7000 control);
- USB connection to PC (for parameters edition and SoftPLC function edition);
- Licence-free software SuperDrive and WLP;
- Communication boards and accessories can be easily and quickly installed by using the Plug & Play concept.
- 6 modes of smooth starting/stopping preprogrammed, considering the technology of the TFTC – “Totally Flexible Torque Control” developed by WEG (which uses the vector control and control of direct torque concepts, based on technologies developed and applied for the vector frequency inverters) providing a linear speed ramp according to the load type applied to the motor;
- User friendly configuration and operation;
- Oriented Startup function presents minimum programming sequence to commence the operation;
- SuperDrive PC software (license-free) for the Soft-Starter SSW7000 programming / operation / monitoring;
- Motor protection built-in in the standard cabinet (eliminating the need of extra protection relays);
- Ground Fault Protection – Standard;
- Input secctioning/protection integrated (line contactor or circuit breaker);
- Heavy duty design up to 50 °C ambient temperature;
- Reduction of power demand during the starting;
- Reduction of inrush current on the power supply during the starting;
- Reduction of mechanical shocks during the starting;
- Reduction of mechanical stress on the load and on the coupling;
- Increase the desing life of the motor, mechanical and electrical systems;
- Standard/customized project under customer requirements following the application characteristics.
- Blowers, Fans, Compressors, and Exhausters