Automated Produce Packing
Automation & Control was commissioned by Australia’s largest grower and packer of fresh mushrooms to produce an automated packing system that was able to cope with the rigorous packing requirements needed to handle the delicate produce.
The client’s goal was to increase the capacity and scale of their production through automation to drive productivity improvements. Automation & Control worked closely with the client to design a custom automated solution that would be able to deliver on these productivity goals, within budget.
- Infeed Inclined Cleated Conveyor
- Anritsu Checkweighers
- PLC & HMI Touchscreen Interface
- Ishida Multi Head weigher
Project by Numbers
- 80-90: Punnets through the mushroom packing system per minute.
- 30l p/m: Speed of machine’s main conveying line per minute.
- 48: Punnets weighed by multihead weigher per minute.
- >98%: Accuracy of the mushroom packing machines rejection system.
Automation & Control successfully installed the unit as per the clients’ specifications and has continued to provide on-going maintenance and operation support.
Mushroom Packing System
The supply and install of the mushroom packaging system is estimated to save the customer a significant $250-500k annually in direct labour costs, in the 12-month period following installation.
The installation of the product has improved the overall efficiency of the mushroom picking process, waste and quality control.